Suffering from swelling in the feet can be uncomfortable and painful. Although it is a mild symptom that usually does not alert anything serious, its recurrent appearance may be a sign of other conditions such as edema or circulatory disorders .
In most cases it disappears after an adequate rest period; however, some have complications that can affect the ability to move and everyday life.
It is very important to request a medical check-up when the problem lasts for several days. Sometimes it is necessary to determine why it originates to find an effective and appropriate treatment.
If there is no cause that requires intervention, we can resort to anti – inflammatory solutions of natural origin that, by their properties, promote the sensation of relief.
Among these options we find the classic therapy of warm water and sea salt, recommended for decades for its relaxing effects.
Do you dare to try it? Take note!
What are the causes of swelling in the feet?
There are many factors that can influence the problem of swelling in the feet. Often, it is triggered by a venous insufficiency that leads to difficulties in the sanguineous irrigation and excessive accumulation of liquids.
A long walk, too many hours sitting or high physical impact exercises can worsen the circulation problem , increasing the recurrence of this symptom.
Other related factors are:
- Use of too-tight socks
- Use of high heels
- Bad postures when walking or exercising
- Being sedentary, being overweight or obese
- Eat too much salt and sugar
- Have autoimmune diseases
- Suffer injuries or infections in the feet and legs
- Hormonal changes
- Have diabetes, hypertension or hypercholesterolemia
Why use warm water with sea salt to soothe swelling in the feet?
The treatment of warm water with sea salt is a millenarian solution to reduce body aches that affect movement and physical abilities .
For centuries it has been one of the complements to diminish the swelling and fatigue of the feet, since it contains nutrients that stimulate the relaxation of the muscles.
- The minerals in the salt are easily absorbed through the skin, providing a strong sense of relief against inflammatory and circulatory problems.
- It is useful to refresh and revitalize the feet after a long and exhausting day.
- It serves as an ally against calluses and fungi, factors that can deteriorate the health of the feet.
- Salt has exfoliating properties that remove dead cells to keep skin soft.
- Its relaxing effect reduces muscle tension and relieves stress.
- Decreases the sensation of pain when the swelling is caused by an injury.
How to prepare this remedy with warm water and sea salt?
The remedy with warm water and sea salt is very easy to prepare and has no contraindications. It can be used every day , especially if the feet suffer some type of excessive pressure throughout the day.
- 5 cups of water (1250 ml)
- ½ cup of coarse sea salt (100 g)
- Warm the cups of water until they reach a bearable temperature for the skin.
- Pour them in a basin and add the sea salt .
- Mix a few seconds for the salt to dissolve.
Mode of use
- Dip your feet in the tub for 20 or 30 minutes.
- After this time, dry them well with a clean towel and rest.
Other recommendations to relieve swelling of the feet
The previous treatment has immediate effects against the swelling of the feet; however, for optimal results, it is good to take into account other recommendations that help control it:
- Elevate your legs for 3 or 5 minutes if you get tired home. This simple exercise reactivates circulation and provides a pleasant sense of relief.
- In case of edema or inflammatory diseases, choose to have regular massages with anti-inflammatory and relaxing oils.
- Consume plenty of fluid per day , as dehydration can worsen fluid retention .
- Exercise the feet several times a week.
- Increase the consumption of foods rich in magnesium or choose to access supplements of this mineral.
Do you suffer from this symptom? If you have not yet tried this treatment with warm water and sea salt, prepare it the next time you face this problem.